When you first move into a new city, you worry that you’ll never adjust to the environment but there are little signs that tell you you are actually fitting in. Even if it takes some time, just relax and the day will come.
1. Your maps app is now only your fifth-most-referenced cellular application.
2. You’ve got your online food order down pat.
3. When someone asks if you want to meet at “the park,” you know exactly where they’ll be.
4. You’re on a first-name basis with the local coffee shop employees.
5. You can finally hail a cab! By yourself! In the rain!
6. You’ve reached the point that specific landmarks bring back a slew of memories from your personal history with the city.
7. You have a designated first-date spot.
8. If a tourist stops you on the street to ask for directions, you’re now confident you can legitimately offer them assistance.
9. You’re no longer absolutely terrified of public transit…
10. And when construction gets in the way of your usual commute, you’ve got several backup routes stored mentally at your disposal.
11. When friends and family come to visit, you’re equipped with several local restaurants and landmarks to make them “ooh” and “ahh” in revelry.