Schadenfreude is a German word that describes a feeling of self-satisfaction or pleasure that comes when people witness troubles, failures, or misfortune of others. There is no equivalent for this word in English, but this does not mean that such a feeling does not exist. You can choose to agree with it or not, but this study confirms that when we see someone who is having a worse day than we are, we feel relieved.
Smalljoys has prepared a must-see article for those who are already disappointed with their day. Cheer yourselves up!
1. This is why it’s better not to put your feet on the faucet while shaving your legs.
2. Just burn the store down and start over.
3. “Dad took care of me today.”
4. “I was scratching my leg with a pen and my freaking pen was already clicked.”
5. This is the building manager’s fault! There’s a severe lack of “Do Not Drive Car Up or Down Stairs” signs.
6. Now you know your cat isn’t with you for the money.
7. “Thank you, Facebook! So happy right now.”
8. Seems as if the dog doesn’t like rain.
9. “I can feel this pain.”
10. This is what happens when a lawnmower meets your wallet.
11. Buy an ice cream and receive meat as a bonus.
12. “Our neighbors painted their fence and this is how my car looks now.”
13. A pizza’s elopement
14. How many tries does it take you to open a yogurt?
15. “Fine! I’m on a diet anyway.”
16. “I thought I could repair my oven by myself. Mistakes have been made.”
17. “Art time with Mommy’s car.”
18. This doesn’t look good.
19. “I was told Samsung phones are foldable now.”
20. I used ice and room temperature tea and this was the result.
21. The new neighbors put their fire pit a little too close to the garage.
22. Subway ride gone wrong
23. When you decided to take a photo of your best pizza and this happened:
24. “Hired a company to pressure wash the sidewalk outside my apartment and this is what I walk outside to.”
25. Not 99¢, but starting at 99¢
26. “Missed my entire hand”
27. “Our office has tiny windows, but on the rare occasion that sunlight gets in, this happens.”
28. Mugs with a concave bottom that you still have to dry after they have been through the dry cycle in the dishwasher
30. When you can’t remember where you put your phone:
31. Crackers that don’t break the way they’re supposed to
32. When feeding fish, be careful with your phone.
33. When you buy a pack of candy and this is what you get:
34. A little surprise inside my cookie container
35. “I couldn’t figure out why my soup wasn’t boiling.”
36. When you put on your favorite outfit and this happens:
37. “My kid’s toothpaste cap!”
38. Falling down and dropping a cake is embarrassing as it is, but having someone capture it on film is mortifying!
39. “Dropped a brand new gallon of milk. As a bonus, I also got a flat tire today.”