It is clearly an understatement to say that Princess Diana was simply a member of the royal family. It’s not an exaggeration to say that every girl’s dream was to become Princess Diana at some point. She was an iconic figure, a queen who moved every heart around the world.
No matter how much time has passed, her glowing days are still inspiring as we look back now. Here are 20 photographies that explains why Princess Diana was so special.
1. Her style was absolutely timeless
When looking back at most of her outfits, they are still beautiful to this very day! Her style was classic and always in style.
2. Her street style is super trendy today
Who knew Princess Diana was setting the trends for 30 years into the future?
3. Her love of hats
4. Her balance of aristocracy and friendliness
5. Her ability to connect with other people
6. She found a common language with anyone from aristocrats to simple people
Because of her outstanding manners, she was able to connect with just about everyone.
7. Her belief in a better world
Princess Diana worked hard to create a better world. Her belief in it united good, kind-hearted people all over the world.
8. Her elegance
Her elegance made her a role model for many women and young girls everywhere.
9. Her age never got in the way of her youthfulness
Sure, she was technically an adult. But she still bonded with young children and really had an ability to connect with them.
10. She was a wonderful mother
While we are on the subject of her youthfulness, it’s also important to note that she was a loyal and devoted mother.
11. Her looks inspired designers
She literally inspired designers to create new collections.
12. She was always an individual
No seasons could ever change what she wore or who she was. She knew exactly who she was and what she wanted.
13. She felt very approachable to everyone
Between her kind eyes and open body language, all different kinds of people felt like they could approach her, which is truly beautiful.
14. Her humanity
Her humanity was literally while she was crowned (ha, see what I did there?) as the “queen of people’s hearts.”
15. Her contribution to the world
16. Her legendary dance with John Travolta
At a ball at the White House that was hosted by President Ronald Reagan in 1985, Princess Diana was super excited to meet and dance with her hero, ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov. Unfortunately, she didn’t get to, but as proposed by Nancy Reagan, the first dance ended up being done by the Princess and actor John Travolta, which soon became iconic.
17. She inspired others to give to charitable causes
The general public and community groups donated some $44 million at the time of Princess Diana’s death. By the time The Princess Diana Memorial Fund closed in 2012, it had awarded 727 grants to 471 organizations and spent over $145 million on charitable causes.
18. She was a supporter of the arts
19. She made regular visits to London’s homeless centers
And she inspired the next generation to do the same. Here’s a photo of her son recreating the image of Princess Diana at a homeless shelter.
20. Overall, she was a timeless woman who inspired the world