Nobody promised that designers will invent only beautiful and useful things. And sometimes they don’t just make something bad, they make something that turns out truly terrible. They can make a regular mirror look original but impossible to use, their stairs can’t be used for walking, and they turn shoes into unimaginable things.
We at SmallJoys are sure that you have seen examples of terrible design. But were those things as creative as the ones in this compilation?
1. This one definitely missed the mark.
2. Really? Really?
3. Oh yeah, this location is perfect.
4. I’m still trying to figure out if these people were serious.
5. Remember, kids, don’t swing too far!
6. Who came up with this one??
7. A playground suitable for infants.
8. World’s steepest slide.
9. No, I stand corrected.
11. Caution: keep hands, feet, and head down!
13. Don’t miss!
14. This might be the worst idea ever.
15. Or, maybe this one?
16. I am in shock; I hope the people who came up with these ideas were fired.
17. Now THAT is odd.
18. What on earth?!
19. There is so much wrong with this picture.
20. Who is this for?
21. They taped it off, but kept the slide open. How’s that for logic.
22. It looks like they just gave up.
23. There is something wrong with The Incredibles.
24. “I was searching for a phone cover when this came up.”
25. For people who have nothing to hide:
26. She looks exactly like the cartoon…
27. When your heels have heels:
28. Nice porch, but where is the door?
29. When you try to save money and turn 2010 into 2018:
30. Dutch bike path, level: expert
31. This kids swimsuit looks a little strange.
32. What are these?
33. If only a letter existed that somewhat resembled a slice of pizza…
34. A chandelier would really tie all this fluorescent lighting and these ceiling tiles together.
35. “Don’t think the owner of this hotel thought this through.”
36. This Portuguese poster for soccer is so beautiful.
37. This mirror installation for giants found in a restaurant, for scale, I’m 5’3’’
38. Wasting a third of the staircase
39. This plug socket in this bus
40. At least it looks good.
41. This is not a bottle of water, it’s used for removing iron particles from car paint.
42. The on/off switch for this fan is located behind the blades.
43. Decide already
44. The illusion of loneliness
45. “The buttons in this hotel elevator just about gave me a stroke.”
46. When it’s 3 o’clock for 3 hours…
47. The colors of this carpet mosaic that make it look dirty
48. What a security system! Amazing!
49. A plastic compass
50. “I’m concerned about the inspiration behind these hotel curtains.”