Cooking takes lots of effort. Filling your stomach is one thing but creating a dish is a whole new level.
You might not be a gourmet chef, but that doesn’t mean you can’t benefit from knowing how to cook amazing food. Not only will it make your weeknight dinners better, but it’ll also get everyone asking what your secret is in the kitchen.
Good chefs will tell you that great cooking is the result of a couple of things. First, you need knowledge of flavors. That means finding a balance of saltiness and sweetness, fat and acid. If you haven’t heard, there’s a Netflix show about that exact topic!
Of course, you’ll also need to develop some techniques when it comes to cooking. That comes, simply, with practice. So, if you want to become a great chef, don’t give up when you burn grilled cheese or add too much salt to a dish. Every chef has done that.
But here’s the best part: every chef relies on some tips that are guaranteed to make food tasty and satisfying. Here are some secrets of the kitchen to improve your food.
1. Start your grilled cheese at room temperature.
2. Reduce the bite of raw onions by giving them a cold-water bath.
3. Make the best cup of coffee ever by adding cinnamon and salt.
4. Cook in stock, not water.
5. Make sure to use low-sodium stock.
6. Use kosher salt.
7. Salt veggies for a super crunchy salad.
8. Velvet your meat.
9. Know your cake ratios off the top of your head.
10. Remember that dessert needs salt.
11. Thicken and enhance sauces with mustard or peanut butter.
12. Add mustard to macaroni and cheese to make it gourmet.
13. Try a basted egg.
14. Enhance flavors with balsamic vinegar.
15. Mix breadcrumbs into burgers.
16. Learn the right way to brown meat.
17. Make pie crust flakier with vodka.
18. Start your pie crust out cold.
19. Use cornstarch in scrambled eggs for perfect fluffiness.
20. Thicken chili with tortilla chips.
21. Know how to make perfectly crisp meat.
22. Add baking soda to your iced tea.
23. Or to meat for extra tenderness.
24. Treat your knives right.
25. Make your plates as warm as your food.
26. Melt chocolate with hot butter.
27. Add an egg to your mashed potatoes.
28. Brine your chicken breasts to get tender, juicy meat.
29. Improve flavor with a splash of acid.
30. Add a dash of coffee to your chocolate cake.
31. Add mayonnaise to cake for a velvety texture.
32. And use it in place of butter when you’re making grilled cheese.
33. Use an oil with a high smoke point for high-temperature cooking.
34. Season as you go.
35. Don’t overmix your cake batter.
36. Cook potatoes in heavy cream instead of water.
37. Use milk powder to intensify the flavors of baked goods.
38. Put an ice cube in the middle of burgers to keep them juicy.
39. Toss some brown sugar into your spaghetti sauce.
40. Cook eggs on low heat for super creaminess.
41. Sprinkle flour on bacon to keep it big and crispy.
42. Improve frosting consistency with powdered milk.
43. Add a tiny bit of instant coffee to spaghetti sauce.
44. Cook bacon in the oven on parchment paper.
45. Lay bacon out in a cold pan.
46. Keep salmon moist and flavorful with Greek yogurt.
47. Lay salmon on a hot sheet pan for perfect searing.
48. Intensify flavor with wine.
49. Sift your flour to make baked goods light and fluffy.
50. Make cookies extra soft with an extra egg yolk.
51. Cook tomatoes with sugar.
52. Bring your apple pie to the next level with some lemon juice.
53. Rinse your rice before cooking.
54. Don’t rinse your pasta when you drain it.
55. Use paprika. A lot of it.
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.