Baking soda is normally known to be used when baking. However, it has more use beyond baking. Here are 25 helpful tips that will make baking soda a life-changing household item for you.
1. Baking soda can help you clean your oven organically.
The oven is where you cook your food so you must always be sure that it is sparkling clean. If you use baking soda to clean it, you can be assured that you are making your food in a toxic-free environment.
2. Baking soda can help clean your carpet.
Carpets are not that easy to clean and using the wrong ingredient can damage it rather than revive its cleanliness and beauty. The solution? Use baking soda to clean it and keep your carpet fresh and odor free.
3. Baking soda can help clean your mattress.
4. Baking soda is a natural air freshener.
Simply placing baking soda in a place that has an unpleasant smell can help in deodorizing that area. Why? Because baking soda is a natural deodorizer and another major plus is that it’s cheap!
5. Baking soda helps get rid of dirty grout.
6. Baking soda helps clean your silverware.
We use silverware on a daily basis to eat our food and that means that they should be cleaned using materials that are non-toxic. That’s exactly why you should use baking soda to clean them.
7. Baking soda helps get rid of acne.
8. Baking soda helps keep oily skin at bay.
With a mix of water and baking soda, the resulting paste can do wonders to make your oily skin more manageable. Its exfoliating nature helps lock in the right amount of moisture for healthier skin. However, be advised not to use it daily as it can strip the skin of important protective oils if used too often.
9. Baking soda helps relieve rashes.
10. Baking soda helps in lightening dark lips.
We all want soft and supple lips, but this is sometimes hard to achieve because of some materials in our make-up that may not be best for our lips. Well, all you need is baking soda and voila! You can have your healthy and soft lips back.
11. Baking soda helps minimize pores.
Having huge pores can increase the likeliness of getting acne. In order to minimize pores, you can mix baking soda and water and just splash it on your face then gently pat dry.
12. Baking soda helps in lightening dark parts of the neck.
13. Baking soda helps in lightening the dark circles under the eyes.
Stress and fatigue can cause dark circles under your eyes to form. The solution is to include a baking soda application into your beauty regimen and you will see that your dark circles will start to lighten.
14. Baking soda can help remove ingrown hairs.
Don’t we all dream of having smooth legs? However, those nasty ingrown hairs can be really irritating! Well, as long as you know that baking soda can help you get rid of them, you’ll never worry about uneven skin on your legs ever!
15. Baking soda can help you have whiter teeth.
You don’t have to spend too much money to whiten your teeth. Get baking soda and apply it on your teeth then brush away. Whiter teeth in an instant!
16. Baking soda can help solve acid reflux.
17. Baking soda boosts metabolism.
Mixing baking soda with lemon juice and water and taking this solution regularly can boost your metabolism and increase your chances of weight loss.
18. Baking soda can help lighten up moles.
19. Baking soda helps give you get smooth feet without any odor.
Due to its natural deodorizing ability and exfoliating properties, baking soda can help in achieving smoother feet and getting rid of the smell, too!
20. Baking soda can help lighten and deodorize armpits.
21. Baking soda helps in treating burns.
We all experience burns from cooking every now and then. If you ever suffer from one, grab your baking soda, mix it with water and apply on the burned area. Its cooling effect when it dries up alleviates the pain and makes the healing faster.
22. Baking soda helps in treating mouth ulcers.
23. Baking soda helps you have better-looking nails.
Baking soda is perfect for treating nail fungus and generally making your nails better because it exfoliates the surrounding skin, making it look lighter and cleaner.
24. Baking soda can help treat blemishes.
Blemishes will become less of a problem once you use baking soda on your skin. Its exfoliating nature helps in making your skin tone even.
25. Baking soda helps in treating body odor.
Body odor can really take a hit on your self-confidence. Using baking soda in treating this problem can be a good solution, especially if you have a sensitive skin type in general. Cleansing or soaking in a bath with baking soda is a really good solution to keep body odor at bay.
26. Baking soda can be used to put out a fire.
And that’s it! You now know how baking soda can change your life and with these tips, you certainly won’t look at baking soda the same way ever again.